Friday, February 25, 2011

A) Breakup. B) Reconsider. C) Revamp.

Dearest Blog,

Now would be the time to confess my inability to sustain an interest in anything for longer than 2 minutes.   5 tops.   Way back in the beginning (feels like years ago to be honest...) I had high expectations for you and me.  I fell asleep the night before my first post fairly optimistic that Oprah would be calling within a week to give me my own time slot on her network.  However, this did not happen.  I'd be willing to admit that I may have been a tad over-zealous, but it's to be expected.  I know that this character defect of mine may give off the impression that I am impossible to please, but that's just ridiculous.  I'm fairly simple.  You just have to know me better than I know myself.  And for one person in particular that comes rather easy.


You see dear blog, it's not that I'm not committed or dedicated to you, (ok- maybe it's that a little), but you need to understand that I have a certain someone who takes priority over you.  No, I'm not referring to my kids:
                                       
Although in most cases they do in fact reign supreme- but in this case I'm talking about the backbone of my day-today life, the spark that ignites my fire every morning, the tamer of my sanity, and the cheese to my macaroni:  My Christopher:  


Charming Aren't We :)

It's not that he's high maintenance {to be perfectly honest, he's as low maintenance as they come...lower than low actually}.   And it's not that he demands an overwhelming need for attention {except when surfing}.  The reason why I must devote every waking minute to Christopher is simple, he finally decided to make it official!!  I.  Christine Elise, commitment-phobe extraordinaire, am getting married! Which means that I must give him the most amazing wonderful fun-filled wedding imaginable.  
And therefore my sweet sweet blog, you must be put on the back burner for now.  Although my original intention was to end things permanently, upon further reflection I realized that that may be a little harsh, so I think that maybe a small break is much more appropriate.  OR!...OMGosh....Plan C can take on an entire new meaning!!  By George I think we're on to something...{can you feel the excitement?!}...For the next 12 months, "Plan C" will not be a metaphor for my strings of indecisive thoughts but rather, "C" for Chris/Chrissy/C. To Clarify: By February 2012, our initials will both be C.C. [Awh.]
Amazing.  I absolutely adore when things just fall into place so easily...much like love. 

Maybe this whole wedding thing is a new leaf for me.  Maybe my sardonic cynicism will slowly melt away and I'll become the lovely, pink loving, lace wearing lady-like angel my Grammy would love me to be.  Maybe the missing piece to my transformation from Hard and Jaded Brat, to Friendly Mature Lady-Woman is planning a wedding; and therefore being forced to come face to face, and admit -out loud for all to hear-  all the mushy gushy lovey dovey stuff weddings are made of.  Only time will tell.  But I think I'm on the right road:  The other day I got my first real manicure since 7th grade.  And the color was closer to pink than black.  I picked it based solely on it's name, "Otherwise Engaged"  Clearly I've been bitten by the wedding bug, thus far I dig it.  Stay tuned kids....for now: Fuck Oprah...TheKnot here I come.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment